On August 3rd, 2010, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry ("METI") announced the update of Proliferation End-User List which is concerned entities list of WMD proliferation activities.
Like recent regulation development in U.S. and EU, Japan also follow U.N. Security Council Resolution 1929 ("UNSCR 1929") which calls on states to take actions for preventing Iran's nuclear proliferation activities.
Usually, this end-user list is updated only once a year. In 2010, the new list was announced on May 26, 2010. Frequent update like this time is not so usual.
Update of Proliferation End-User List is one of Japanese government's actions to follow UNSCR 1929. The update of this time is additional of 20 Iranian entities (no other county this time!) as below. All of them are Iranian entities.
- Defense Technology and Science Research Center (DTSRC)
- Doostan International Company (DICO)
- Fater Institute(Faater)
- Gharagahe Sazandegi Ghaem
- Ghorb Karbala
- Imensazan Consultant Engineers Institute(ICEI)
- M. Babaie Industries
- Malek Ashtar University
- Ministry of Defense Logistics Export(MODLEX)
- Modern Industries Technique Company(MITEC)
- Nuclear Research Center for Agriculture and Medicine (NFRPC)
- Omran Sahel
- Oriental Oil Kish
- Pejman Industrial Services Corporation
- Rah Sahel
- Rahab Engineering Institute
- Sahel Consultant Engineers
- Sepasad Engineering Company
- Shahid Karrazi Industries
This update make the number of listed concerned entities in total 292.
When exporter ship goods or provide technology to the listed entities, the export license application is required to METI unless it is obvious that the transaction is NOT related to WMD activities. Currently, this list covers entities in Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, India, PRC China, Syria, Israel, Taiwan, and Afghanistan.
(Source: http://www.meti.go.jp/policy/anpo/hp/law_document/tutatu/t08kaisei/100803EUL/t08kaisei_kaiteikasho.pdf )